Monday, February 14, 2005

I can feel the glacial crawl of time like a dull razor carving up my face I
can feel the last drops of youth lingering inside I write another love
letter to another heartless girl.


-"Crawl of Time" by JR Hayes of Pig Destroyer.

so it's valentine's day, and i'm racking my brain thinking of how many ways i can exploit various "loveless loner" stereotypes.

it's gray and drizzly, so that's a start. i'm admiring a girl from afar, keeping myself company with a neverending disjointed internal monolouge and songs from all different genres that seem to reflect the same emotions, namely hurt, loss, revenge, and quiet surrender.

am i really "loveless"? no. if i was being alone wouldn't grate on my nerves this much. i wouldn't have to exorcise and exhaust these emotions, flushing them out of my system through the catharsis of music, film, literature, etc. i would just embrace the solitude, without stubborness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home